World Osteoporosis Day — How you can raise awareness!
World Osteoporosis Day (WOD) is coming up! American Bone Health is rallying with the International Osteoporosis Foundation to spread awareness of this debilitating disease, but we need your help! On October 20, help us spread awareness by supporting the Unbreakable Embrace Campaign.
- An online campaign that will be unique to osteoporosis (as the pink ribbon is to breast cancer) and an integral part of the World Osteoporosis Day 2011 campaign.
- A human chain of people of all ages, ethnicities and backgrounds linking arms to support strong bones. The human chain represents standing in support of people with osteoporosis, and raising awareness of the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of osteoporotic fractures.
- People will be encouraged to photograph themselves with linked arms. The images can then be easily uploaded to a specified website, creating a global chain of people linked in an ‘unbreakable embrace’.
- Associated items, such as a bracelet and t-shirt will be considered.
American Bone Health Guidelines:
- Gather your friends and family and lock arms, so as to raise awareness of osteoporosis.
- Use an American Bone Health sign/logo (email Emely if you need a logo) and take pictures!
- In addition to the pictures, if you can take a video, you should say “We support the Unbreakable Embrace Campaign from [your city and state.] We love our bones! We want to help others stay strong!”
- Send these pictures/videos to firstname.lastname@example.org so that she can send them to the International Osteoporosis Foundation.
- Get others to join!
Let’s join the world and make a great showing for American Bone Health.