Questions to Ask Your Doctor After Your Bone Density Test
Make the most of your visit. Consider taking a friend or family member with you for the discussion. And be sure to ask for a copy of your bone density test results for your records.
About your test results
- What is my T-score?
- Should I be worried about my bone health?
- Should I have additional blood or urine tests?
- What is my risk of breaking a bone?
About osteoporosis prevention
- How much calcium and vitamin D do I need?
- What are the best sources of calcium?
- What are the best sources of vitamin D?
- How can I strengthen my bones?
- Does my posture need improvement?
- What type of exercise is best?
- What exercises or activities should I avoid?
- Who can help design an exercise program for me?
- Am I at risk of falling?
- What home modifications should I make to protect myself from falling?
About osteoporosis treatment
- Do any of the drugs I take affect my bones?
- Do any of the drugs I take affect my balance?
- Can I avoid breaking a bone without taking a drug?
- Do I need to think about a drug treatment for my bones?
- What drug options are best for me?
- If I consider drugs what are the benefits and risks?