Did you know that during your teen years, you will build more bone density than you will ever lose in your lifetime? Build strong bones now that will carry you through a long and healthy life.
To live a bone healthy life
- Eat 3-4 servings of foods that are rich in calcium.
- Take a vitamin D supplement.
- Get at least 30 minutes of activities with impact, like jumping rope or hopscotch!
- Use good posture, especially on mobile devices.
- Do not smoke or vape.
- Cut back on sugary drinks.
- (For girls) If you have not gotten your period by age 15, talk with your mother and doctor